A common misconception that many business owners are now realising is that “low wage” doesn’t necessarily result in “low skill”. As such, there are many people who are leveraging partnerships with overseas manufacturers and suppliers like China. This resulted in an attractive blend of lower costs, high-quality capabilities, investor-friendly policies, and a larger market.
That being said, even in modern times there are still a number of barriers that can make putting a procurement strategy in place with an overseas supplier challenging. Fortunately, with the right sourcing agent in China, you can cut through all of the red tape and outsource these crucial requirements to a reputable third-party instead.
Why source from China?
So, why source from China? The fact is, China boasts a huge production base. For many Western European and US-based businesses, sourcing from China is a strategic imperative. With the help of a sourcing agent in China, you can take full advantage of cost reductions without compromising on the quality of product.
With enough time and research – or indeed by leveraging the expertise of a sourcing agent in China – you can find the perfect combination of quality, customer service, and cost-effective solutions, allowing you to take your business to even greater heights.
China Sourcing – Choosing the right sourcing agent for you
Sourcing low-quality products in exchange for a good price is not a sustainable model. Instead, you need to find the perfect balance of cost-saving opportunities with superior quality. Of course, with such a massive pool of suppliers in China, navigating these waters and finding the perfect supplier for you is an incredibly difficult task—which is why partnering with a sourcing agent in China can be of huge benefit to you. The question then is; how do you go about finding the right sourcing agent for you? Here are some qualities and capabilities that you should look out for:
- Employees who are fluent in both Mandarin and Cantonese
- A thorough understanding of Chinese culture and business etiquette
- Significant experience with managing Chinese suppliers
- Sourcing and procurement process experience (at least five-years)
- Quality control experience
- Experience in Auditing
- A proven track-record in efficient logistics and supply chain management
- A large and established company
- A solid reputation throughout Asia
- Experience with your company’s industry and categories is a bonus
- A solid written procurement process and training regime
- The ability to integrate with your business segment seamlessly
How can UCT (Asia) help you cut costs for revenue growth?
If you are in the market for a reputable sourcing agent in China, then we would love to invite you to explore our services further. Here are some of our specialities and strengths, for your consideration:
UCT (Asia)’s specialities:
- Point of Sales Merchandise
- POS Displays
- Serving Materials
- Loyalty Gifts
- Promotional Items
- Giveaway Products
- Retail Items and Printed Material
- Corporate Gifts
UCT (Asia)’s biggest strengths:
- Fully integrated and high level product expertise – UCT (Asia) has been incorporated since 2003 and boasts an integrated product design studio, a prototyping and R&D centre, numerous production facilities, merchandisers, and engineers. Every employee and manager has a proven track record and a thorough understanding of marketing, trade, and production.
- Solid manufacturing and sourcing capabilities – We own production workshops both fully and partially across Asia and operate in a way that guarantees you strict quality, extensive control and highly competitive prices. We have merchandisers in our three main offices (Shenzhen, Ningbo and Bangkok), but also have merchandiser implants directly within our factories. UCT can produce and source everything, everywhere, any time.
- Our values: integrity, innovation, compliance, commitment and flexibility – At UCT (Asia), we ensure that everyone complies with honesty and integrity as these are our most valued qualities. We strive to innovate, and provide our clients with advanced merchandising solutions and products. We comply with all laws, regulations, marks, ethics. Corporate Social Responsibility remains at the centre of our attention. We are committed to respecting product and service quality, delivery dates, and competitive pricing. We have always been, and will always remain flexible towards our clients and partners which is something that we take great pride in.
- We understand your core goals – When working with a new client we go to great lengths to understand your core goals and business objectives. If you want to get exactly what you asked for, in good time and for a highly competitive price, then you’ve come to the right place!
Afford yourself some peace of mind
Navigating a foreign market can be difficult – particularly as a business owner with a million and one other things to worry about. Rather than invest a lot of time and energy into establishing a dedicated China sourcing department within your business, why not simply outsource those requirements to a dedicated and established expert instead?
You see, manufacturing and/or sourcing products from China comes with many rewards, but is not without its risks either. So, rather than go it alone, you can afford yourself some peace of mind by partnering with world-renowned, China-based sourcing experts like us.
Here are some big-brands that you may recognise who trust us:
We understand that choosing a China sourcing agent is a big task and one that requires careful consideration. If you are feeling a little overwhelmed and need some convincing, here are some big brand names that we work with who you may recognise:
- Pernod Ricard
To recap, sourcing from China can bring your business a great many advantages, but must be approached with careful consideration. If you want assistance navigating a foreign market from an established sourcing agent that has existing relationships and a thorough understanding of Chinese culture and business etiquette, then UCT (Asia) would love to work with you. If you would like to explore our services further, or if you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact us today at your convenience. We’re always happy to help.